Things I have learned in the past 24 hours:
1. If a company gives you your very own business credit card, put it into your wallet immediately. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT put it on your desk right before your sister helps you do a major cleaning of your home and you get all trigger happy with throwing away trash. Eventually the line that divide “trash” from “credit card” becomes blurry.
2. Always keep a nice change of shoes & shirt in your car. Inevitably there will come a time when you will decide to go to work in “comfy” clothes, i.e., jeans, a T-shirt and ripped Toms. This is the day you will forget you have a networking function after work with no time to change in between.
3. Do not drop your phone into bowls of soup. This might seem obvious but apparently I need a refresher lesson.
4. A perfect Bellini after work will always make you feel better. Always.
5. If you go home, change into sweats, and eat a big bowl of this kale salad, it’s basically like you worked out. Science. Plus – this salad is insanely addictive and you will love every moment. Just do it.
Kale Salad with Lemon, Parmesan and Bread Crumbs
1 cup French bread, torn into pieces
1 large bunch of kale, stems removed and sliced (about 3 cups)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil + 1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnishing
Chop the French bread in a food processor until it is in rough crumbs. You can also chop into small pieces if you don’t have a small processor. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a small pan. Toss in the French bread crumbs and saute until they begin to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil until well blended. In a large bowl, toss together the kale, dressing, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Transfer to individual plates or serving dish and sprinkle with a little more cheese to serve.